Instructions for Oral Abstract Presentations
Thank you for presenting at the International Council of Nurses 2023 Congress
This page is designed to prepare you for your oral presentation at the International Council of Nurses 2023 Congress. Please visit the page regularly for updates on technical requirements, deadlines and general information.
Who are these guidelines for?
- Invited oral abstract presenters
Please refer to the scientific programme for further details on your session type.
As an Invited Oral Presenter, you will need to:
- If your abstract is selected for an oral presentation, you will have a designated time slot at which you can present your abstract. Each presenter is allocated 10 minutes for their presentation.
- Timings will be strictly adhered to by the session chairs. Please be considerate and keep to the scheduled times to allow all speakers the opportunity to present their work.
- Invited Oral Presenters are expected to attend the Congress in person and present their abstracts at the Congress venue in their allocated session. If you will not be able to travel to Montreal, please contact the Congress Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
A link was emailed to you with the registration instructions. Please refer to the email for further details. If you cannot find it, please check your spam box as well and contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: Abstract presenters who have not completed their registration or have not emailed the ICN 2023 Secretariat to confirm any possible special circumstances by 28 February 2023, 23:59 CET, will be removed from the Congress scientific programme.
PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines
PLEASE NOTE: In compliance with CME/CPD requirements all speakers and oral presenters are requested either to disclose any conflicts of interest or to include in their presentation a statement that they have none.
- The first slide of your presentation must be your name and presentation title.
- The second slide should be the disclosure slide. If you have nothing to disclose, please add “No Disclosures”. You can download a template HERE.
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
- You can bring your slides to the Speakers’ Ready Room on a USB stick. The Speakers’ Ready Room will be clearly signposted at the Congress.
- You are asked to only use the Congress computers in the session halls for presentation purposes. The Congress will not be able to support lecture slides presented on personal computers.
- Please note that your slides must be finalised and ready on the day of your session.
- Please upload your presentation slides in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the venue in the morning and at least 1 hour before the start of the session.
- If you combine video clips with PowerPoint, please make sure to test it in Speakers’ Ready Room during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session and at least 2 hours before the start of the session. In the Speakers’ Ready Room for your session, please check with the technician if the sound and picture from the video are transmitted well and repeat the test again during the break before your session in the session hall to avoid technical issues.
- Format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format.
- Ratio: Please note that the conference computers in the session Halls are supplied with Office 2019 (at least) and the native ratio of the projection on the screens in the Halls is 16:9.
To use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer, please note that you need to prepare your presentation according to the instructions below, before taking it to the Speakers’ Ready Room:
- Convert it to PowerPoint or PDF.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (Special characters might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Insert the images as JPG. The following file types will NOT be visible on a PowerPoint based PC – TIF, PNG or PICT.
International Nursing Review
Accepted oral abstract authors are very welcome to submit their manuscript to International Nursing Review, the official journal of ICN. Information about the submission process and aims and scope of the journal can be found here. Please feel free to contact the journal editor firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may want to attend the session on writing for publication (Writing for Publications: Myths, Realities and Pitfalls) and meet the editor.